All Open Arms patients and visitors to this website are encouraged to create an account at the Federally Facilitated Marketplace to learn if they may be eligible for BadgerCare or Marketplace subsidies, tax-credits, or cost-sharing at:
The Application Process:
The Enrollment Process:
The YouToons Get Ready for Obamacare:
We recommend reviewing the following Affordable Care Act (ACA) “Obamacare” informational brochures:
- How to protect yourself from fraud:
- Things to Think About When Choosing a Plan:
- 10 Things Patients Should Know:
- The Value of Health Insurance:
- Health Insurance Terms Glossary:
Four Key Things to Know about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) “Obamacare”:
- Healthcare.gov or cuidadodesalud.gov or 1-800-318-2596 are the ONLY places to receive subsidies, cost-sharing, and tax credits (i.e. do not go to any other website or phone number if you want to receive these)
- Healthcare.gov or cuidadodesalud.gov is an easier way to shop for health insurance.
– Simplifies the search for health insurance by gathering all options in one place.
– One application, one time, and an individual or family can explore every qualified insurance plan in the area.
- Most people will be able to get a break on costs.
– According to the CMS (Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services – August 2013) 90% of people who are currently uninsured will qualify for discounted or free health insurance. Click here to see Wisconsin’s estimated premium rates.
– Clear options with apples-to-apples comparisons at healthcare.gov!
- All health insurance plans in the Marketplace present their price and benefit information in simple terms you can understand.